Monday, October 29, 2007

A Bee Movie

I like Mr. Jerry Seinfeld! Actually, let me rephrase, I like ‘Seinfeld’. Before ‘Bee Movie’ has even hit the screens, it is easy to guess it will be a commercial success. Being a father of three, recent months drought of animated movies alone, will drive me to the box office on one of the anticipated rainy weekends.
I am surprised though. Mr. Seinfeld has gone out of his way, post the ‘Seinfeld’ era, to demonstrate quintessential approach to ‘celebritism’, shying away from most ‘been there/done that’ projects. A recent New York Times article (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/21/movies/21itzk.html?_r=1&oref=slogin), have gauged further interest. I was expecting something new, a different Hollywood, a rejuvenated approach to making movies and promoting them.
Judging from the influx of ads, trailers, co-sponsorships, interviews and coverage, I can confidently determine ‘Bee Movie’ will be yet another A movie. Presumably above than average humor, production quality and story depth and definitely above the average gross revenues. Albeit, not a revolution that is even close to the way ‘Seinfeld’ changed the TV Sitcom scene.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.